5/10/2009

GDR Fences





I have to say, that I was never much interested in GDR-Fences. While growing up in the GDR, they were not that important for me... mainly because I was surrounded by these fences and always saw them.
For me.. they didn't brought the same images or fantasies of princesses and tales, which I had with much older fences.
But, when the wall broke down and more and more of these fences vanished, because obviously no one really liked them, I finally started paying attention.
These attention even grow, when many people from the western part of Germany were fascinated with the colorful and artistic fences and were showing them in art exhibitions. These fences were build up from everything which was somehow available on the market (which mostly wasn't much). So, very seldom one fence is like the other, but they often followed very modern and modernistic designs and were nicely colored the border to the own house. ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

Die Datenschutzerklärung befindet sich oben im Header.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails