4/04/2011

Pink Horses / Projekt Pegasus

Last week I had already shown here what I got from the craft swap. Now I finally want to show, what I painted and made for a girl in Toronto. She wanted to have something in bright colors like pink, purple and blue, but no green. Additionally she stated: I love everything with horses/ponies. These wishes seemed to be very difficulty girly for me and combined with my broken hand it limited the options quite a bit, because sewing was nearly impossible. Instead I had to overcome my recent passion for beige-brown paintings and go for the really bright colors all over again. 

Inspiration Board / Ideenbrett

First I went to the Google Image search for inspirations, plus I somehow wanted to incorporate the imperial trellis pattern from Kelly Wearstler….then I remembered a Pegasus in the Blog of a friend and finally I got the idea to make a mixed collage with cut out silhouette pictures on acrylic ground. 

 Vector List / Vectorliste

I looked up the vectors, created my own ones out of the pictures I liked the most and painted a light purple landscape.

make a gif

While putting my silhouettes on the painting, I thought this would not work and painted them in white on the pictures as well. I added colour, the trellis pattern and finally the mare with foal group “in front” of the pattern, which happened to become too pink, so that I had to repaint it. 


Additionally I painted two tags out of former product testers and painted / made a magnet out of a wooden hat piece from the Restore… Then I found a newspaper advertisement for a horse show and painted a horse head above it, sticking it on red craft paper and therefore creating a simple greeting card for my craft swap partner.
Just in case, she would dislike anything painted, I also made a flower brooch of many organza pieces with an old-fashioned button, which I was somehow able to sew together and sent the whole package on its not so long journey to Canada. 


After three weeks I sent an e-mail asking if the package reached, by now - two weeks later - she still didn’t even replied to it, so I have the feeling, yes, she got it and yes, she hates it… Probably I got carried away by too much pink and have to consider myself lucky, that she didn’t send a photo with the painting broken in pieces or burned… ;)

Letzte Woche hatte ich hier bereits gezeigt, was ich durch den Basteltausch zugeschickt bekommen habe. Heute nun möchte ich auch endlich vorstellen, was ich für ein Mädchen in Toronto gemalt und gebastelt habe. Sie wollte etwas in leuchtenden Farben haben z.B. Pink, Lila und Blau... aber ohne Grün. Zusätzlich schrieb sie: Ich mag alles über Pferde/Ponies. Diese Wünsche schienen für mich schwer umsetzbar zu sein, denn es war sehr mädchenhaft und zusätzlich begrenzte meine Gipshand die Möglichkeiten, denn Nähen konnte ich fast gar nicht. Stattdessen musste ich ganz schnell meine kürzliche Leidenschaft für beige-braune Bilder überkommen und etwas wirklich „Buntes“ malen.
Zuerst suchte ich in der Google Bildersuche nach Inspirationen, außerdem wollte ich das “Imperial Trellis“ Muster von Kelly Wearstler irgendwie mitverwenden... dann erinnerte ich mich an den Pegasus im Blog einer Freundin und kam letztlich zu meiner Idee einer Kollage aus ausgeschnittenen Silhouetten auf Acryl-Untergrund.
Ich suchte mir die passenden Vectoren heraus und kreierte meine Eigenen aus denjenigen welche ich am meisten mochte und malte eine leicht-lilane Landschaft auf die Leinwand.
Während ich meine Silhouetten-Figuren auf das Bild legte, stellte ich fest, daß das so nicht gehen würde, weswegen ich diese ebenfalls als „weißen Schatten” aufs Bild malte. Danach kolorierte ich sie pastellig, fügte das Trellis Muster hinzu und malte letztlich die Stute-Fohlen Gruppe „vor“ das Muster. Die Stute wurde dabei zu pink und musste nochmals übermalt werden.
Außerdem bemalte ich zwei ehemalige Produkttester und ein hölzernes Hutstück (später von hinten mit Magnetfolie beklebt) aus dem Restore. Eher zufällig fand ich in der Zeitung die Werbung für eine Pferdeshow, malte einen Pferdekopf-Umriß darüber, klebte dies auf eine Stück Bastelpapier und schuf somit eine schnelle, improvisierte Grußkarte für meine Basteltausch-Partnerin.
Da ich nicht wußte, ob sie Gemaltem generell nichts abgewinnen konnte, bastelte ich außerdem eine kleine Blumenbrosche, die ich aus vielen Organzastoff-Stückchen und einem altmodischem Knopf zusammennähte und schickte das Paket auf seine nicht so lange Reise nach Kanada. 
Nach drei Wochen fragte ich nochmals nach ob das Paket angekommen sei, bis heute - zwei Wochen später - hat sie noch immer nicht darauf geantwortet, so daß ich mittlerweile das Gefühl habe, ja sie hat es bekommen und ja, sie hasst es. Wahrscheinlich ist es letztlich zu viel Pink geworden und ich muß mich glücklich schätzen, daß ich kein Foto mit zerrissenen Bildresten darauf zurückgeschickt bekam... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails