11/15/2011

Ganesha Necklace / Ganesha Kette


During one of my many sleepless nights while having a cold, I decided to make a small Ganesha necklace. It was bad enough that I couldn’t sleep, but to make something beautiful while being insomniac seemed to give it a certain sense. The beads are partially recycled from an old necklace, which I found on curb, as well as metal beads from Walmart and Michael’s. Because I couldn’t find a fitting ring to connect Ganesha with the necklace, I had to take a tiny Key chain ring, which I stitched around with red thread. 
And I mostly prefer shorter necklaces, because I can wear them on a daily basis without getting disturbed by something flying around me as it is the case with rather long and elaborate ones… :)

Während meiner Erkältung im letzten Monat hatte ich viele schlaflose Nächte. In einer dieser Nächte beschloß ich - anstelle mich nur selbst zu bemitleiden - etwas Sinnvolles zu tun und gestaltete diese kleine Ganesha - Kette. Die Perlen stammen u.a. von einer Kette, die ich auf dem Sperrmüll fand sowie Metallperlen von Walmart und Ganesha ist von Michael’s. Da der Anhänger sehr breit ist, hatte ich keinen Ring zur Verfügung, der groß genug war, um ihn mit der Kette zu verbinden. Also nahm ich einen Mini-Schlüsselring und umstickte diesen mit rotem Garn. Die Kette ist so kurz, da ich gerne kürzere Ketten trage (ich hätte sonst noch Perlen gehabt) denn ich kann sie täglich tragen, ohne daß sie mir im Weg sind... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

Die Datenschutzerklärung befindet sich oben im Header.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails