12/14/2010

Work in progress / Gerade in Arbeit

Ever since I have seen these pictures in one of my favorite coffee table books (“white on white” Stephanie Hoppen), I thought of having such white covered books by myself, because otherwise a book shelf, especially when it is situated on one of the main focus walls (like in our living room) can very fast look rather cluttered, overcrowded and wild, than inviting. 


Once I found a roll of old wallpaper in the thrift store and thought of just trying it, using the back side of the wallpaper and by now I’m very happy with the results. Of course it takes some time to make and label each of them by hand (orderly), but I don’t have to make the whole bookshelf at once… and slowly, one book at a time, it will become white and whiter… :) A nice side effect is that I really come to know about author and title of each book in our shelves… 



While having a short look at Google images, I came across different examples of covered books and even found a two year old controversy regarding the covering of books in apartment therapy. I guess everyone has to do what he likes and make his own experiences… maybe I will get bored of only white books sooner, but right now I simply love them… :)



Seit ich einst diese Bilder in einem meiner Lieblings- Einrichtungsbücher gesehen habe („weiß in weiß“ von Stephanie Hoppen), wollte ich solch weiß eingeschlagene Bücher selbst im Regal stehen haben, denn unser Bücherregal im Wohnzimmer sieht meist recht überfüllt und wild aus.
Als ich dann eine alte Tapetenrolle fand, dachte ich, ich probiere es einfach aus und benutzte die rauhe Rückseite der Tapete zum Büchereinschlagen und bis jetzt bin ich mit dem Ergebnis sehr zufrieden. Es dauert natürlich einige Zeit jedes Buch ordentlich einzuschlagen und mit Hand zu beschriften, aber ich muß nicht alles auf einmal erledigen. So wird das Bücherregel langsam aber sicher, Buch um Buch, weißer. Ein schöner Nebeneffekt ist, daß ich tatsächlich jedes Buch in unserem Regal einmal in die Hand nehme, Autor und Titel kenne und neue Ideen zum endlich bald Lesen bekomme ... :)
Während ich im Internet nach Beispielen zu weiteren eingeschlagenen Büchern suchte, fand ich auch eine zwei Jahre alte Kontroverse zu diesem Thema in Apartment Therapy (auf englisch). Ich denke, jeder muss in dieser Frage seine eigenen Erfahrungen machen.... vielleicht finde ich weiße Bücher schon ganz bald fürcherlich langweilig, aber gerade bin ich total begeistert... :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for your comment!
    Your blog is so pretty, I like it! :)

    http://bighairandbikinis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, too :) I really like your blog and for sure I will make some more visits in future... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment.

Die Datenschutzerklärung befindet sich oben im Header.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails